As a member of Exeter University Climbing Club you will receive many benefits including being a part of the wonderful climbing community around the world:
- Discounted entry price at the Quay Climbing Centre of £3.80 (usually £8.00) during club sessions and at all Off-Peak times (before 4:00pm on weekdays). Or £40 monthly membership for unlimited entry.
- Discounted price and transport to The Barn Climbing Centre of £3 (usually £7.00) on Monday evenings.
- Free coaching into climbing by one of our trained Committee members, teaching you how to belay someone up a climb, as well as to safely climb yourself so you can climb completely independently and without supervision.
- Free kit hire at Club Sessions. We will give you all kit you need in order to climb indoors including a harness, shoes and a belay device. We will also provide all the necessary kit to climb outdoors on our trips, so you don’t need to buy anything.
- Access to fortnightly outdoor trips (weather dependant) with the club at subsidised rates (all kit included) as well as being able to come on our famous annual week long trip in France.
- Great socials including our infamous Three Legged Pub Crawl, Selfie Scavenger Hunt and Boozy Bowling all throughout the year.
- Discounted drinks at the Sorry Head Pub (2 for £5)
- Discount at Taunton Leisure in Exeter: 20% for climbing gear as well as bigger discounts at lock-ins.
- Free BMC Membership (typically £30+ per year) and it’s associated benefits, including:
You can join the Climbing Club at any time during the year, just come down to one of our club sessions (4-7pm Wed, 7-10pm Fri) at the Quay Climbing Centre. If you’re not sold on it yet, feel free to come down anyways and we can provide you with a free 30 minute taster session with one of commitee members. If interested in a taster session, please get in contact with one of the committee members on facebook (our group page is found here) just to ensure its not too busy!
Cost: £50 New members and £45 for Returning Members for all 3 terms.
As the majority of this membership fee is spent on a variety of other annual fees (e.g. BMC membership, Quay price subsidising), there is not a significant discount for those joining us in just 2nd or 3rd terms, however speak to a committee member and we’ll see what we can work out.